Selecting a college and registering for a course of choice is just step1. But since online courses have no class room attendance or compulsory schedules the success of the course depends on your being focused and determined to achieve your end goals.
To succeed you need determination and discipline. You can succeed if you plan carefully and take one step at a time towards your set goal–completing the course and earning the degree.
There are according to gurus of online learning six important strategies:
1. The most important is to set manageable goals and create a study schedule. Go through the coursework and divide it into parts that fit your busy working schedule. Make monthly as well as weekly goals and ensure that you stay focused and complete what you have set yourself.
2. Schedule learning for when your mind is fresh and you are relaxed. Choose what is convenient for you it can be Sunday afternoon after a rejuvenating nap or Saturday morning when the house is quite and calm or after dinner thrice a week.
3. Create a study group with other students of the same course. Learning becomes more enjoyable when you exchange thoughts, notes, and interact.
4. Use the wonderful World Wide a course in miracles Web and learn differently. There are e-learning tips, online libraries, and projects one can read and use.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and seek answers or share thoughts. For every lesson analyze, understand, and create. Stay in touch with your course in charge and establish camaraderie with the person.
6. If need be ask a friend or co-student to be your coach and keep you in line. Very often just the fact that someone will know that you have strayed is enough to keep you on the path to success.
Study towards succeeding in the exams. Understand and follow the online student code of conduct provided by the university. Use the online writing center well. Choose a synchronous learning module where you will interact with your instructor online by using chat. Interaction with the instructor will clear your mind of any doubts and take you over any hurdles you may face.
An online course is all about communicating and toeing the line at your own pace. So, express your thoughts believe in yourself and learn from the experiences of other students.
Learning is about bettering yourself and gaining knowledge and the advantage of online classes is that there are no barriers like intimidation, class favorites, or feeling defeated. It is about sharing experiences and knowledge since most people are working they bring to online course a vast amount of hands on experience.
The very foundation of online success is time management. Since there are no attendance registers it is up to you the student to be disciplined and complete the coursework. You need discipline and motivation. Create and use a support system that includes your employer, coworkers, family, and friends. Let everyone understand how important completing the course is for you. If they do then they will be more than willing to pick up the slack. In order to succeed just ensure that you have all the technical support you need and a thirst for knowledge.